Our opening days and times are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm, to nine individual researchers who will be able to order 10 separate items each.
- Please select a date from the calendar below, then proceed to enter your details. Your appointment must be made at least 7 days in advance of your planned visit to allow for the retrieval and delivery of your requested material.
- Please request the material you wish to see at the same time as making the booking. Otherwise, your request for an appointment will not be accepted. Our Collections Search will enable you to identify the material you would like to see.
- Microfilm material, including the War Artists Archive (WAA), is available for consultation. However, if you require access to the originals in the WAA please contact us at email@example.com and we will consider your request on a case-by-case basis.
- If you wish to make an Archive and Research Room booking for more than one day, please let us know by completing the relevant box at step 3.
- IWM staff will contact you to confirm your booking. Please do not make travel plans until you hear from us.
- To amend or cancel an existing request, or make any other enquiry, please Contact Us stating the request reference if you have one.
The Archive and Research Room service and space present particular challenges, especially with regards social distancing, and we therefore continue to offer a limited service. Regrettably we are still unable to take group bookings. We keep our current access arrangements under review and will provide updates as we are able to expand them.